There are currently no open positions in the Bardstown Police Department.
Police Officer Career RequirementsRequirements
Applicants for a Bardstown police officer position must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- 21 Years Old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Kentucky Operators License
Military preference is given.
Tests and Evaluations
Applicants must also be able to pass several interviews and tests, including:
- Physical Agility Tests (POPS Standards)
- Psychological Evaluation
- Polygraph Examination
- In-Depth Background Investigation
- Credit Check
- Drug Screen
- Criminal History Background
- Submit an application to the City of Bardstown (When accepting applications). There are currently no open positions in the Bardstown Police Department.
- The Chief's interview.
- Physical agility test- Police Officer Professional Standards (POPS).
- Psychological test / Interview.
- Agency background investigation to include:
- Military background
- Criminal history background for any criminal offenses
- Credit report
- Education / Special training
- Employment history
- Reference checks
- Over all, in-depth investigation of an applicants character and background.
8. Any follow up interview(s).
9. Selection of candidate.
10. Conditional job offer.
11. Successfully complete a 20-week academy at The Department of Criminal Justice Training in Richmond Ky.
12. After completing the 20-week academy, you must complete a 16-week field training evaluation with a Police Training Officer.
Police Officers Professional Standards (POPS) Physical Agility Test
POPS consists of the following battery of test:
- 1 bench press repetition (percent of body weight - conversion)
- Sit up repetitions with a 1-minute time limit.
- 300-meter run in 65 seconds
- Push up repetitions with a 2-minute time limit.
- 1.5-mile run in 16.15 minutes.
For more information click on this link: Physical Fitness Testing Information