The City Of Bardstown is currently taking applications for recruit and lateral police officers.
Must be 21 years of age.
Have a valid driver’s license
Have a high school diploma or equivalent
Able to pass an extensive background investigation which includes a polygraph and psychological screening process.
Must have 5 years of police experience
Meet the requirements of the Peace Officer Professional Standards (POPS) Act administered by the Kentucky Law Enforcement Council.
Starting pay for laterals will be based on experience plus years of service.
Applications will be accepted until 11/09/2018 at 4:00pm.
Download an Application
Applications must be returned to the Bardstown Police Department, in person, by the filing deadline. (212 Plaza Dr, Bardstown, KY 40004)
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Police Officer Career RequirementsRequirements
Applicants for a Bardstown police officer position must meet the following requirements:
- Citizen of the United States
- 21 Years Old
- High School Diploma or GED
- Valid Kentucky Operators License
Military preference is given.
Tests and Evaluations
Applicants must also be able to pass several interviews and tests, including:
- Physical Agility Tests (POPS Standards)
- Psychological Evaluation
- Polygraph Examination
- In-Depth Background Investigation
- Credit Check
- Drug Screen
- Criminal History Background
City of Bardstown
Submit an application for employment to:
220 N. Fifth St.
Bardstown, KY 40004
- Submit an application to the City of Bardstown (When accepting applications).
- The Chief's interview.
- Physical agility test- Police Officer Professional Standards (POPS).
- Psychological test / Interview.
- Agency background investigation to include:
- Military background
- Criminal history background for any criminal offenses
- Credit report
- Education / Special training
- Employment history
- Reference checks
- Over all, in-depth investigation of an applicants character and background.
8. Any follow up interview(s).
9. Selection of candidate.
10. Conditional job offer.
11. Successfully complete a 20-week academy at The Department of Criminal Justice Training in Richmond Ky.
12. After completing the 20-week academy, you must complete a 16-week field training evaluation with a Police Training Officer.
Police Officers Professional Standards (POPS) Physical Agility Test.
POPS consists of the following battery of test:
1 bench press repetition ( percent of body weight - conversion)
Sit up repetitions with a 1-minute time limit.
300-meter run in 65 seconds
Push up repetitions with a 2-minute time limit.
1.5-mile run in 16.15 minutes.
For more information click on this link: Physical Fitness Testing Information