Fire

Fire

Structure Fire 200 Block of Aspen St

Posted on July 28, 2017

On 07/19/2017 at 1327 hours, the Bardstown Fire Department was dispatched for a report of a smoke detector sounding in one of the apartments in the 200 block of Aspen Street. First arriving company could see melting of the blinds and the neighbor advised that a child may still be inside. Crews forced entry and conducted a search and found no one. Crews then attacked the fire. It was later found out that the child was riding bikes with friends. Apparent cause of the fire was from a candle left burning in the bedroom. Crews were on scene for about an hour and twenty minutes.