Job Opening: Maintenance/Operator in the Public Works Department
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Maintenance/Operator in our Public Works department. Application packets can be obtained at City Hall, located at 220 N 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004 between 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday or downloaded here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- CDL license preferred but not required
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
All interested persons to submit application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004, by 4:30 on Friday, October 26th, 2018. The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until 10/26/2018 at 4:30pm.
Download an Application
Some of the job duties include:
- Assists in the construction, maintenance and cleanliness of City streets, roads, water distribution lines, sewer collection lines, bridges, sidewalks, alleys, storm sewers, culverts, manholes, drainage ditches, street signs, barricades, etc.
- Makes water taps.
- Installs/repairs/replaces meters.
- Operates vehicles and equipment.
- Performs preventive maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment.
- Cleans and properly stores equipment and tools after use.
- Mows grass, cuts trees and tree limbs.
- Spreads gravel; cleans streets and roads; removes snow and ice from streets and sidewalks when necessary.
- Cleans out storm sewers and catch basins; pours concrete; makes forms; makes, erects and/or repairs street signs as necessary.