Job Opening: Water Plant Operator
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Water Plant Operator/Operator Trainee.
Some of the job duties include:
- Performing daily operation and maintenance duties at the wastewater plant in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
- Inspecting pumps, charts, gauges, and meters on a scheduled basis.
- Adjusting chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; collecting samples and performing laboratory tests or forwarding to laboratories as required; preparing, recording and forwarding lab results.
- Preparing and maintaining accurate reports/records.
- Assisting with servicing and performing preventive maintenance on plant and equipment; making minor repairs and/or adjustments to plant and equipment; forwarding requests for major repairs and/or equipment and tools to superiors.
- Maintaining and cleaning plant and grounds.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Applicants must be able to work flexible shifts. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
Applications are online at cityofbardstown.org. All interested persons should submit an application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004, by 4:30 on Friday, December 14th, 2018.
Download an application
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer