CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Customer Service Representative in the Finance department. Some of the job duties include:
- Enrolls/signs up new utility, cable and/or internet customers; prepares work
- Collects utility deposits, install fees, and charges for new customers.
- Sends utility and cable orders to respective departments.
- Assists existing cable and internet customers with making changes to their accounts.
- Finds and collects delinquent utility and cable accounts; notifies supervisor to remove from collections.
- Collects payments from customers and posts payments to accounts.
- Sorts mail; enters mailed-in payments.
- Enters night-box payments.
- Collects payments for other departments who send net miscellaneous invoices.
- Balances cash drawers daily; makes bank deposits.
- Assists Tax Administrator in collecting and posting property tax payments.
- Assists customers with billing questions.
- Prepares SDC forms and collects payments; sends paperwork to Engineering.
- Receives initial complaints of services from customers; either resolves the complaint for sends to appropriate supervisor or department.
- Prepares and forwards return check letters.
- Prepares and forwards collection letters for finalized account.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports.
- Serves as Receptionist; greets customers/visitors in person or via phone and; answers inquiries or forwards to appropriate office; may type correspondence, letters, reports,
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and have one year related work experience, preferably with a public organization. Bachelors or Associates degree in related field may be substituted for the work experience requirement.
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
Download an Application
Deadline to Apply: Friday, September 14th, 2018, 4:30 pm.
Submit a completed application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer