WasteWater PlanT Operator / Operator Trainee
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individuals to fill the full-time position of wastewater plant operator/operator trainee.
Deadline to Apply: 4:30 on Friday, February 1st, 2019.
Download an Application
Some of the job duties include:
- Performs daily operation and maintenance duties at the wastewater plant in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and ordinances
- Inspects pumps, charts, gauges, and meters on a scheduled basis
- Adjusts chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; collects samples and performs laboratory tests or forwards to laboratories as required; prepares, records and forwards lab results
- Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records
- Assists with servicing and performing preventive maintenance on plant and equipment; makes minor repairs and/or adjustments to plant and equipment; forwards requests for major repairs and/or equipment and tools to superiors
- Assists with maintaining adequate inventory of spare parts, chemicals, equipment and tools
- Maintains and cleans plant and grounds
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
All interested persons should submit an application to HR Director Greg Ashworth by 4:30 on Friday, February 1st, 2019.
City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth
220 N. Fifth Street
Bardstown, KY 40004
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer