Bulky Item and Tree Limb Collection
The City offers a free Tree Limb and Bulky Item Collection service to all residents within the City Limits. Place your tree limbs or bulky items curbside in one neat pile, out from under trees and overhead wires so our equipment can reach it without being dangerous to the operator. Items should be kept away from mailboxes, hydrants, cars and fences to avoid damaging them. Call City Hall at (502)348-5947 and speak to Customer Service Representative to place a pickup. Please provide your name, address, phone number and item. Tree limbs or bulky item piles cannot exceed four (4) cubic yards (approximately the size of a pickup truck load). Any garbage that contains hazardous materials or items that pose a safety or health risk to City Workers will not be picked up. Also please note that items will not be picked up from alleyways less than 10 feet wide and could take up to 10 business days for removal.
- Liquid Waste – poisons, acids, explosives
- Petroleum Products (oil, grease, gasoline, etc.)
- Tires or Car Parts
- Small loose items not bundled
- Hazardous Waste – syringes, used needles
- Construction Waste – drywall, used lumber, rolls of carpet or padding, remodeling debris
- Glass, mirrors, windows
- Railroad ties
- Set out/eviction items
- Any item prohibited by the Nelson County Landfill (348-1876 for more information)
Brush and Tree Limbs
The City's equipment is not designed to handle limbs over 6” diameter. Please place limbs and trimmings in one pile with cut ends facing the street and cut to less than 10 foot lengths.
- Limbs must be neatly stacked with ends facing the street;
- No root balls, tree trunks, grass, dirt
- No vines, honeysuckle vines, loose leaves
- No firewood, boards, fence posts, or other debris
- The City WILL NOT pick-up limbs professionally cut
Such refuse shall be placed no closer to the street than the property owner's side of any street ditch or gutter. This service is for occasional residential use, the removal of trees, logs, or refuse resulting from attempts to "clear" large sections of land are not the intended purpose of this service.
Please also note there are times of the year when the volume of limbs and brush are heavier, such as early Spring and following heavy wind storms. This can create a backlog for the chipper truck. During these times, there may be a delay of service.