All residential solid waste, other than bulky rubbish in excess of 40 pounds, shall be collected one time each week. All multiple housing facility and commercial solid waste shall be collected at least once weekly. All residential collections shall be made between 7:00 a.m. and 8:00 p.m. If inclement weather endangers the safe collection of solid waste, services may be discontinued and will resume as weather permits.
Please note that to avoid work related injuries our Sanitation workers will not pickup or move the trash cans themselves, only the bagged waste inside. Please ensure that all garbage is in securely tied trash bags that are not over-filled or split.
Items Not acceptable for Curbside Pickup
Please use a commercial or specialized service provider for these items:
- Dangerous substances such as poisons, acids, explosives, caustics, or infected materials (to include "blood borne" and other biohazard wastes);
- Construction/Demolition debris such as earth, mortar, plaster, lumber, roofing materials, paint, carpet, plumbing, and/or electrical materials;
- Tires (please contact a local tire distributor for more information);
- Any uncontained garbage;
- Any materials which have not been prepared for collection in accordance with the rules above.
Collections will not be made on the following eight holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Day following Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For problems about unsightly garbage, refuse, or storage problems Bardstown Code Enforcement should be contacted by calling Bardstown City Hall at 348-5947.