Small Business Relief Fund
The City of Bardstown and Nelson Co. Fiscal Court wish to pledge additional support to small businesses forced to close or reduce services in response to COVID-19 related executive orders issued by the Governor of Kentucky. The City and County together are offering one-time business relief grants of up to $2,000 for eligible businesses. Businesses most significantly impacted by the Governor's orders are encouraged to apply.
To be eligible to apply for this grant, a business must:
- Exist within Nelson County in a brick-and-mortar location
- Own the property/building or have a properly executed lease with the property owner
- Be current on City of Bardstown and Nelson County property tax payments, occupational license fees, net profit submissions, and maintain a current business license
- Be a small business as defined as:
a.) Total business revenue of no more than $1,000,000 and less than 50 employees
b.) Open and operating before January 1, 2020
- Not be a franchise or franchise-affiliated
- Be categorized as a non-essential business type that was required to cease or reduce operations as a result of the Executive Orders issued by the Governor
- Not be in violation of any City or County Codes or Ordinances at time of applying
SCHEDULE OF ASSISTANCE
- This relief program grant will be awarded to qualified businesses only
- The maximum amount of funding assistance will be $2,000
- Assistance will be provided to businesses after review of their application
- Applications will be taken June 22, 2020 through July, 6, 2020
- Funds will be awarded beginning July 20, 2020
SUBMISSION OF APPLICATION
An application for funds must be completed and submitted to the City of Bardstown by the close of business (4:30 PM), July 6, 2020. Businesses most significantly impacted by the executive orders of the Governor are encouraged to apply.
Applications should be mailed to the City of Bardstown, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY, 40004, Attention: RELIEF; or you may use the drive-through or drop box at the rear of City Hall.
- Retail (general, specialty)
- Barber/Beauty Salons
- Service Business (appliance repair, locksmith)
- Childcare/Daycare Centers
- Small businesses closed by Governor’s Executive Order
- Home Occupations
- Real Estate Companies/Agents
- Finance/Accounting Firms
- Food Trucks
- Not-for-profit organizations
- Landlords/rental property owners
- Hotels, motels, Airbnbs
The applicant will be notified if funding will be provided, the amount of funding if approved, and will be required to provide an IRS W-9 Form to the City of Bardstown.
MORE COVID-19 BUSINESS RESOURCES
Purchase Masks for a Business
The Bardstown and Nelson County Covid-19 Recovery Task Force has established a local and affordable supply of protective masks. These masks are available for order through the City of Bardstown M-F 8:00-4:30 by calling 502-348-5947. Credit card payment is required and the maximum order is 5,000 masks. The minimum order is 50. Once you have placed your order, you can take your receipt and pick up the masks beginning the following day at Nelson County EMS located at 1301 Atkinson Hill Ave., Bardstown, KY 40004.
Orders can only be placed by businesses physically located in Bardstown and Nelson County and who have a current business license with the City of Bardstown or Nelson County Fiscal Court. The price of the masks is 50 cents each. The task force wants to encourage all businesses to order enough masks for their employees, as well as a supply to provide to customers who may not have one. A complimentary supply of hand sanitizer that was generously donated by our local distilleries will be provided with each order while supplies last.*How to order
Call the City of Bardstown M-F 8:00-4:30 at 502-348-5947.
Payment must be made over the phone by Visa, Master Card, or Discover credit card.
The maximum order is 5,000 masks per business. The minimum order is 50.
Who can order?
Businesses physically located within Nelson County who have a current business license with either the City of Bardstown or Nelson County Fiscal Court.
How much do the masks cost?
50 cents per mask
Pick Up Instructions
|Orders Placed||Pick Up|
Pick Up Location
Emergency Management Office (Station 1), 1301 Atkinson Hill Ave, Bardstown, KY 40004
Before picking up your order call 502-348-8783 and state who will be picking up the order and what type and color of vehicle they will be in. Please REMAIN in your vehicle. Someone will bring your order to you.
*The City of Bardstown, the Nelson County Fiscal Court and Bardstown/Nelson County COVID-19 Recovery Task Force cannot guarantee that any masks purchased through this program will stop, slow, or reduce the spread of any communicable or infectious disease, including but not limited to COVID-19. The City of Bardstown, the Nelson County Fiscal Court and Bardstown/Nelson County COVID-19 Recovery Task Force shall not be liable for any claims relating to the use or misuse of the purchased protective masks, or the spread of any communicable or infectious disease, including but not limited to COVID-19. None of the information presented here should be considered medical advice and businesses are advised to consult with a medical professional for guidance on best practices for their business.
Mayor's COVID-19 Updates
You can watch all of the mayor's weekly COVID-19 updates on our Youtube channel here: