Boil Water Advisories
Boil water advisory Map
Active Boil Water Advisories are shown using Red boundaries in the below map. Advisories will change to Green when they are released.
During a boil water advisory
- Private residences should use bottled or properly treated water in preparing meals, drinks and washing produce and dishes.
- If bottled or properly treated water is not available, water should be brought to a rolling boil for at least one minute and allowed to cool before use in food preparation or drinks.
- Use ready-to-use baby formula, if possible. Prepare powdered or concentrated baby formula with bottled or properly treated water.
- Dispose of all ice in ice makers that was made during the boil water advisory.
- Hand washing in the home may be accomplished using hot water from the tap and soap. It is recommended that this be followed up with the use of hand sanitizer.
- Use bottled or properly treated water when brushing your teeth.
- Normal bathing may take place during a boil water advisory, however be careful not to swallow any water. Use caution when bathing babies and young children. Consider giving them a sponge bath to reduce the chance of them swallowing water.
- Many pets should be unaffected by a boil water advisory, but there is always exceptions. As a precautionary measure include your pet in the boil water advisory.