Food and Beverage Relief Fund Application
Program Eligibility Guidelines and Criteria
- Click here to see a copy of the Program Eligibility Guidelines and Criteria
- Provide assistance to bars and restaurants required to close to in-person services for eligible expenses.
- Applications are adjudicated on a first come, first served basis. An incomplete application may be subject to denial. Your application will not be deemed submitted until you have provided ALL materials required.
- Fraudulent applications will be referred to the appropriate law enforcement authorities.
- Application portal will open November 30, 2020.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Public Protection Cabinet starting on November 30, 2020.
- Assistance will be paid as lump sum payment to the owners for all documented eligible expenses.
- Payments are anticipated to be dispensed to owners no sooner than December 8, 2020.
- Applications will close when funds are exhausted, or on December 18, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM, whichever comes first.
- Available to businesses that are defined as bars or restaurants
- Bars = business that holds a valid retail liquor by the drink license and serves drinks for on-site consumption.
- Restaurants = business that makes prepared meals in single quantities one customer at a time for on-site consumption.
- Business with less than 50% of their sales via drive-thrus will be eligible.
- Business may not be owned by a publicly traded company.
- Business will be required to remain in compliance with all public health orders.
- Any award will be a grant, not a loan. However, the grant may be considered taxable income (consult your tax professional for additional guidance), and awardees will receive a 1099 statement regarding any award received.
- Entity must supply and maintain documentation demonstrating that the award reimbursed permissible expenses for a period of five (5) years.
- Entities that do not comply with the terms of the program may be required to return the award.
- Entities must complete the required certification in the application portal. To see a sample of the certification requirements, click here. There is no need to print or upload this document, as the system will complete the certification for you as part of the application process.
Amount of Assistance
- Businesses will be eligible for up to $10,000 in assistance per location.
- Maximum award of up to $20,000 per business entity.
Email addresses are required to submit an application.
- If you do not have an email address, click here to learn how to set up a free email account.
Required documentation: (You must upload electronic versions or photos of these documents to complete your application)
- Proof of any Liquor Licenses issued by Department of Alcoholic Beverage Control .
- Current Food Service Permit issued by your local health department.
- Pictures of your Bar/Restaurant.
- Proof of payment of eligible expenses (i.e., copies of invoices, receipts, cancelled checks).
Due to the nature of the information required, applications are only accepted online.
If you have any questions regarding the Food and Beverage Relief Fund, please review the frequently asked questions (FAQs).
For more information, contact:
Food and Beverage Relief Fund Program
For questions regarding your eligibility in the program, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For questions regarding any issues you are experiencing with the website, please email: email@example.com
For any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org