We're Hiring: Maintenance/Operator with Public Works
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Maintenance/Operator in our Public Works department.
1. Assists in the construction, maintenance and cleanliness of City streets, roads, water distribution lines, sewer collection lines, bridges, sidewalks, alleys, storm sewers, culverts, manholes, drainage ditches, street signs, barricades, etc.
2. Makes water taps.
3. Installs/repairs/replaces meters.
4. Operates vehicles and equipment.
5. Performs preventive maintenance duties on vehicles and equipment.
6. Cleans and properly stores equipment and tools after use.
7. Mows grass, cuts trees and tree limbs.
8. Spreads gravel; cleans streets and roads; removes snow and ice from streets and sidewalks when necessary.
9. Cleans out storm sewers and catch basins; pours concrete; makes forms; makes, erects and/or repairs street signs as necessary.
- Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED.
- CDL license preferred but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. The City offers a competitive benefits package
that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Download an Application
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to email@example.com
Deadline to Apply
4:30pm on Friday, October 22nd, 2021
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer