We're Hiring: Water Plant Operator
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time positions of Water
Plant Operator I, II, III, IV/Operator Trainee.
1. Performs daily operation and maintenance duties at the water plant in compliance
with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and
2. Inspects pumps, charts, gauges, and meters on a scheduled basis.
3. Adjusts chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; collects samples and
performs laboratory tests or forwards to laboratories as required; prepares, records and
forwards lab results.
4. Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
5. Assists with servicing and performing preventive maintenance on plant and equipment;
makes minor repairs and/or adjustments to plant and equipment; forwards requests for
major repairs and/or equipment and tools to superiors.
6. Maintains and cleans plant and grounds.
Salary and Benefits
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health, dental, and vision insurance. Paid life insurance. Paid vacation, and personal days. Tuition reimbursement. State retirement contributions.
Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test. Applicants must be able to work flexible
Download an Application
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to email@example.com
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer