We're Hiring: Wastewater Plant Maintenance Specialist
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Wastewater Plant Maintenance Specialist.
1. Performs maintenance, including preventive maintenance, on water plant, distribution tanks, and pumping stations.
2. Makes repairs and/or adjustments as necessary; forwards major repairs and/or equipment needs to superiors.
3. Supervises subordinate employees who assist with maintenance duties.
4. Assists in the daily operation and maintenance of the water plant in compliance with established procedures and standards and federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
5. Inspects pumps, charts, gauges, and meters on a scheduled basis.
6. Adjusts chemicals in accordance with prescribed standards; collects water samples and performs laboratory tests or forwards water samples as required; prepares, records and forwards lab results.
7. Assists in maintaining adequate inventory of parts, equipment, chemicals, tools, etc.
8. Prepares and maintains accurate reports/records.
9. Assists in maintaining and cleaning plant and grounds.
Qualified applicants must have a combination of education and/or work experience that would
allow them to perform the related duties. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, dental insurance, vision insurance, paid vacation time, paid personal days, life insurance, and retirement contributions.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
4:30pm on Friday, January 28th 2022
Download an Application
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to email@example.com
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer