We're Hiring: Full-time Facilities and Grounds Maintenance Worker
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE WORKER
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of facilities and grounds maintenance worker. The position will assist the facilities and grounds manager with maintaining City buildings and grounds in top condition.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of City buildings, parks, grounds, etc.
- Performs construction, installation, maintenance and cleaning of City buildings, parks, grounds, etc.
- Performs groundskeeping on grass, flowerbeds, trees, and shrubbery (i.e., mowing, watering, weeding, pruning, mulching, fertilizing grass). Sprays various fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and other related chemicals on City grounds.
- Operates specialized equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, fertilizer spreaders, aerators, spray rigs, hedgers, front-end loaders, tractors, and other equipment.
- Performs proper maintenance, cleaning, and storage of tools and equipment after each use.
- Performs pre-treatment and removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots, etc. of City roads and public areas.
- Monitors and maintains city facilities such as restrooms, concession stands and picnic shelters.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical and plumbing fixtures (i.e. irrigation lines, light switches, motors, wall receptacles, faucets, drinking fountains, etc.).
- Participates in removing, topping, pruning, and trimming trees and uses hand and power saws and other equipment to cut up branches and remove tree trimmings and stumps.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug test.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting annual salary is $41,527. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Deadline to Apply: 4:30 on Thursday, June 30th, 2022.
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to email@example.com
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer