We're Hiring: Recreation Maintenance Worker
RECREATION MAINTENANCE WORKER
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of maintenance worker with our Recreation Department.
- Assists in the construction, installation, maintenance and cleaning of City buildings, parks, grounds, pools, playgrounds, athletic fields, etc.
- Prepares swimming pool for opening and closing each season. Maintains swimming pool, including pumps, valves, filters, and chemicals throughout season.
- Performs grounds-keeping on grass, flowerbeds, trees, and shrubbery (i.e., mowing, watering, weeding, pruning, mulching, fertilizing grass). Sprays various fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and other related chemicals in City parks and recreation areas.
- Prepares and maintains athletic fields and related facilities, swimming pools, and other indoor or outdoor recreational facilities.
- Operates specialized equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, fertilizer spreaders, aerators, spray rigs, backhoes, hedgers, front-end loaders, tractors, city vehicles and other equipment.
- Performs pre-treatment and removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots, etc. of City roads and public areas.
- Monitors and maintains parks facilities such as restrooms, concession stands and picnic shelters.
HOURS AND COMPENSATION
Salary is based on qualifications and experience. Applicants must be able to work flexible shifts. Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical and drug test.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
4:30pm on Friday, February 24th, 2023
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to email@example.com
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer