We're Hiring: Facilities and Grounds Maintenance Worker
FACILITIES AND GROUNDS MAINTENANCE WORKER
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Facilities and Grounds Maintenance Worker. The position will assist the Facilities and Grounds Manager with maintaining city buildings and grounds in top condition.
- Assists in the maintenance and cleaning of City buildings, parks, grounds, etc.
- Performs construction, installation, maintenance and cleaning of City buildings, parks, grounds, etc.
- Performs groundskeeping on grass, flowerbeds, trees, and shrubbery (i.e., mowing, watering, weeding, pruning, mulching, fertilizing grass). Sprays various fertilizers, herbicides, pesticides, and other related chemicals on City grounds.
- Operates specialized equipment such as power mowers, chain saws, fertilizer spreaders, aerators, spray rigs, hedgers, front-end loaders, tractors, and other equipment.
- Performs proper maintenance, cleaning, and storage of tools and equipment after each use.
- Performs pre-treatment and removal of snow and ice from sidewalks, parking lots, etc. of City roads and public areas.
- Monitors and maintains city facilities such as restrooms, concession stands and picnic shelters.
- Installs, maintains, and repairs electrical and plumbing fixtures (i.e. irrigation lines, light switches, motors, wall receptacles, faucets, drinking fountains, etc.).
- Participates in removing, topping, pruning, and trimming trees and uses hand and power saws and other equipment to cut up branches and remove tree trimmings and stumps.
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Starting annual salary is $41,527. The City offers a competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Applicants must have a high school diploma or GED and a valid driver’s license. Must be able to pass a background check, pre-employment physical and drug test.
DEADLINE TO APPLY
4:30pm on Friday, March 17th, 2023
Submit application to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004 or you can email your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer