Job Opening: Water Meter Technician
WATER METER TECHNICIAN
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Water Meter Technician in the Meter department. Application packets can be obtained at City Hall, located at 220 N 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004 between 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday or downloaded here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 2 years of related work experience, preferable with a public organization.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
All interested persons to submit application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004, by 4:30 on Friday, November 2nd, 2018. The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until 11/02/2018 at 4:30pm.
Download an Application
Some of the job duties include:
- Reads and records all electric and water meters daily, using hand-held data captive units.
- Operates a personal computer to receive and process data from the route management system for billing and generating reports from read meters.
- Performs re-reads when requested. Identifies customer problems, leaks, etc.; prepares work order for repairs; follows-up with customer.
- Assists in posting daily work orders for customer changes, new accounts, meter replacements, etc.
- Locates, marks and cleans meters, clears area around meter, digs out sunken meters, repairs and/or replaces meter tops.
- Compiles reports from collected data, forwards to appropriate personnel or agencies.
- Assists with meter installation, repair or replacement.
- Performs cut-off or connect services.