Job Opening: Cable Installers
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individuals to fill the full-time positions of Cable Installer in the Cable/Internet department. Application packets can be obtained at City Hall, located at 220 N 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004 between 8am and 4:30pm Monday through Friday or downloaded here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- 1 year of related work experience, preferable with a public organization preferred.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
Applications are online at cityofbardstown.org. All interested persons to submit application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004, by 4:30 on Friday, November 9th, 2018. The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until 11/09/2018 at 4:30pm.
Download an Application
Some of the job duties include:
- Installs and maintains cable television services.
- Accesses homes and locate sets requested for service.
- Accesses poles, pedestals or lock-boxes and connects services.
- Connects drops and runs into structure.
- Installs fittings, splitters and ground blocks.
- Rewires aging or incorrectly wired locations.
- Performs illegal hook-up audits periodically.
- Disconnects service for non-payment.
- Completes expanded services work orders.
- Performs minor repairs and monitors preventive maintenance program on assigned vehicles and equipment.