Job Opening: Firefighter / EMT
The Bardstown Fire Department is now accepting applications for Firefighter/EMTs. Application packets can be obtained at the Bardstown Fire Department, located at 230 North 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004 between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday or on line at www.bardstownfire.com.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, November 9th at 4pm.
Job type: Full-time, regular work hours 8am to 8am on a 24/48 rotation.
Pay Rate:$32,938/year plus state incentive pay.
Benefits: CERS retirement after one year of employment, health insurance, paid vacation and personal leave based on length of service.
Minimum requirements for the position include but are not limited to:
- Must possess a valid KY driver’s license
- Must pass a background check
- Must possess a high school diploma or GED
- Must be 400 hour Kentucky Career Level Certified
- Must possess a current EMT certification
- Must possess a current CPAT card as required by KY Fire Commission or in cases of a lateral transfer you must obtain a CPAT card one year from hire date
- Must be physically able to perform job duties
Please include all copies of training records, high school diploma or GED, driver’s license, and CPAT card with application.
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer