Current open positions include:
FIREFIGHTER / EMT
The City of Bardstown is now accepting applications for the full-time 24/48 position of Firefighter / EMT.
EMPLOYMENT ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Valid driver's license
- Complete a background check, including drug screen
- Complete a physical
- Must have a current Candidate Physical Agility Testing (CPAT) unless completing a lateral transfer from another full time position from another department
- Or Any full-time firefighter who is currently employed or who has previously been employed by a Kentucky fire department in accordance with KRS prior to January 1, 2013
- Kentucky or National Registry E.M.T.
- 24 hours on, with 48 hours off
- Starting Salary: $32948
- State Training Incentive: $4,000 (after completion of requirements)
- Health insurance, life insurance, LTD, paid holidays
- C.E.R.S. Hazardous Duty Retirement
Click here for our application
Submit completed application to:
City Hall, Attn: Chief Mattingly
220 N. Fifth Street
Bardstown, KY 40004
Contact: Chief Billy Mattingly, 502-349-6562
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-free Workplace.
Lateral Police Officers
The Bardstown Police Department is now accepting applications for highly motivated recruits and lateral police officers through March 19th, 2021. Join our team today to become a member of a modern and professional law enforcement agency.
Check out our great benefits and pay!
Great Benefits Include:
Take home vehicle. Medical Insurance: $191.00 per month for family plan. $75 per month for single. Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Life insurance, AFLAC, Deferred Comp., Vacation and personal leave. Firearms, duty gear and body armor provided by the agency. Partial reimbursement for Gym membership.
Competitive Pay Scale:
Lateral pay based on years of experience and service. Current 10 year salary is $52,975.70. Recruit starting salary is $38,705.11. Plus an additional $4,000 per year provided through KLEFPF.
- 2 hours overtime for court appearance.
- Step pay increases.
- Annual cost of living raise.
- Yearly Equipment/Uniform allowance.
Submit your completed application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to Apply: March 19,2021
The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer