Pay a Utility Bill
- Easy-to-use interface.
- Pay anytime, anywhere on your mobile device.
- Schedule a payment for the same day or a future date.
- Receive email reminders when a payment is due and a confirmation after making a payment.
- Registration is not required.
- Pay by Phone 24/7: (855) 372-2850.
- Go green and reduce clutter – enroll in paperless billing.
- In addition to receiving email reminders when a payment is due and a confirmation email after making a payment, you can sign-up for courtesy email reminders which can be sent to multiple people in your household.
With your authorization, your bank will automatically deduct the amount of your current bill from your savings or checking account. You will get a detailed billing statement for your records.
To sign up for Automatic payments:
- Create an account or sign in to our online bill pay system
- Navigate to "My Profile" > "AutoPay"
- Enter your bank account and bank routing numbers
- Confirm autopay by clicking "Complete Registration" in the email sent to you from City of Bardstown.
DROP BOX PAYMENTS
Place check in a sealed envelope along with your bill or a piece of paper stating your name and ten-digit account number. The drop box is located at the rear driveway of City Hall. No cash will be accepted.
Please have a current or past bill with you when you use the drive-through located at the rear driveway of City Hall (open M- F 8am - 4:30 pm.) The drive-through accepts cash or check only. Credit card payments must be made inside City Hall.
The City of Bardstown does not share the personally identifiable information of its utility customers except to the extent necessary to conduct its utility operations, including service, billing, and auditing functions of the operation. The City offers no such information to unrelated third parties without your specific permission or a court order. The information we collect typically includes name, address, social security number, driver’s license or other government id number, and for customers on bank draft, ACH information. The City does not itself collect, receive, or store credit card data other than amount and date paid to a specific utility account number.
Click the links below for more info on each utility rate.