- Normal curbside garbage collection
- Special Bulky Item Pickup
- Tree Limb Pickup
- Leaf Collection (Loose leaves are collected during a defined time window in the fall.)
- Drop-off Recycling (Cardboard, paper, and No. 1 and No.2 plastics)
Normal Curbside garbage collectioN RATES (Revised June 1st 2023)
Residential garbage is collected once per week between 7am and 8pm, weather permitting. Multiple housing facilities and commercial dumpsters are collected at least once per week.
For their safety, City sanitation workers will not pick up or move the trash cans themselves, only the bagged waste inside. Please make sure all garbage is in securely-tied trash bags that are not over-filled or split.
Items Not acceptable for Curbside Pickup
Please use a commercial or specialized service provider for these items:
- Dangerous substances such as poisons, acids, explosives, caustics, or infected materials (including blood-borne and other biohazard wastes)
- Construction/Demolition debris such as earth, mortar, plaster, lumber, roofing materials, paint, carpet, plumbing, and/or electrical materials
- Tires (please contact a local tire distributor for more information)
- Any uncontained garbage
There will be no garbage collection on the following eight holidays:
- New Year’s Day
- Martin Luther King Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving Day
- Christmas Day
For problems about unsightly garbage, refuse, or storage problems, please call the Bardstown Code Enforcement Hotline at (502) 348-5947 ext. 2205.