Job Opening: Administrative Assistant in the Police Department
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT IN THE POLICE DEPARTMENT
The City of Bardstown is looking for a qualified individual to fill the full-time position of Administrative Assistant in the Police Department. Application packets can be obtained at City Hall, located at 220 N 5th St. Bardstown, KY 40004 between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday or downloaded here.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay Rate: Based on qualifications and experience.
Benefits: Competitive benefits package that includes health insurance, paid vacation, personal days, and retirement contributions.
Minimum requirements for this position include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years related work experience, preferably with a public organization.
- Prior clerical police/emergency services experience/background, and/or business school training preferred, but not required.
- Must be able to pass a background investigation, pre-employment physical and drug test.
All interested persons to submit application along with a resume to City Hall, Attn: Greg Ashworth, 220 N. Fifth Street, Bardstown, KY 40004, by 4:30 on Friday, October 19th, 2018. The City of Bardstown is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications will be accepted until 10/19/2018 at 4:30pm.
Download an Application
Some of the job duties include:
- Answers telephone, greets walk-ins; takes information/ messages for other department employees, makes copies of reports, refers callers and walk-ins to other agencies/departments as needed.
- Performs clerical/secretarial work for department, including typing, report preparation, filing, answering mail, collecting fees, maintaining daily and monthly work schedule, assist with payroll and time keeping, maintaining accruals and use of leave for department employees, requisitioning supplies, etc.
- Files office correspondence and reports, determines proper file designation or establishes new files; insures that proper distribution is made of memorandums, directives, bulletins, reports, and related materials.
- Serves as receptionist for the department; processes mail, etc.; arranges appointments for administrative personnel.
- Checks citations issued daily against arrest or DUI Log and separates for distribution, attaching related reports; maintains final disposition for departmental records.
- Accepts fines and issues receipts for parking violations; forwards funds to City Hall.
- Reviews payroll, time keeping and overtime in ADP and forwards for approval.
- Responds to requests for records or forwards to higher authority for open records requests.
- Maintains and files case reports, issued citations, and accident reports.
- Keeps logs on each case report, accident report, and each citation issued.
- Sends fingerprint cards, copies of missing person reports, domestic violence reports, and accident reports to state agencies.
- Administers purchase order system for department.
- Prepares monthly, yearly, and other reports of arrests, traffic violations, traffic accidents investigated, calls received, messages sent and received.
- Assist with grant research, development and monitoring.